Stuffed Deep Fried Beancurd with Minced Meat

Gosh! I just realized it has been 4 years since my last update to this blog! For one, I just couldn't understand why Google redirects my blog to blogspot.my instead of blogspot.sg!

I guess with 2 kids in tow and a full time job with no helper, somehow this blog gets neglected.

Nevertheless, I have been faithfully cooking and baking. In fact, on a daily basis, since I prepare nearly all the dinners we have at home for the family.

"How do you manage that?!" was usually the question I get from colleagues and friends who understand how busy a schedule I can have. My answer, hyper-scheduling and God's grace! Somehow, God has given me a good speed and efficiency developed over the years. Thanks to that, I was able to somehow manage well.

One friend was telling me that she sees me like a participant in the Master Chef. No no, not because I cook wonderfully but because on a daily basis, hubby will take out some frozen meat stuff in the afternoon to defrost and when I am home, I will check out what's defrosted, what I have in the fridge and decide within 10-15 minutes the dinner menu for tonight. I do get a lot of inspirations from blogs and recipes online. Sometimes I remembered I saw a wonderfully perfect recipe to be used on a occasion like today but... I can't find it anymore! Hence... it brings me back to why I need to update this blog again. For my own reference and if possible, for the benefit of others who are also in the journey of food making for the family.

So, here's an original spontaneous Master Chef-like recipe to commemorate Ronni's hiatus comeback. :)


Stuffed Deep Fried Beancurd with Minced Meat
Makes 10

Ingredients 
1 pack of deep fried beancurd (tau pok)
300g minced pork
50g minced prawn (I omitted this as they weren't defrosted yet)
1/2 large yellow onion (I used purple onions for this as that is the only available onion), finely chopped
1/2 tsp five spice powder
1 tsp corn flour
1 tbsp soya sauce
pinch of salt


Method 
  1. Combine all ingredients except beancurd and mix well into a meat mixture
  2. Make a slit on one side of each of the beancurd
  3. Stuff the meat mixture into each of the beancurd slit made
  4. Arrange them in a oven proof tray and grill at 180C for 25-30mins

Comments

Popular Posts